Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am male (68) healthy and fully enjoy retirement. I have

I am male (68) healthy and fully enjoy retirement.
I have my own home paid for through Equity Release.
I have no family, I am a widower.
I have made a will.
Questions:- Do i need to name a person to carry out the necessary such has funeral etc when i pass on ?
What do i do with the contents of my home ?
Funeral costs will that come out of the estate or do i need to take out a policy .. i dont want such costs to fall on anybody else.
I think thats it. !!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. In the will you need to identify two people who will be executers of your will and who will deal with implementation of the will - this will include dealing with funeral arrangements and you can outline that funds for it will come from your estate, so no policy is required if you have the necessary funds. You home contents should also be outlined for distribution in your will.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you