Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I bought a timeshare in Spain in1996 made all mantance payments

I bought a timeshare in Spain in1996 made all mantance payments up to this year,in November last year we visited Malta where we bought a week holiday ownership the cost of the week was £11500 they bought the time share in Spain as part of the deal paid me what I paid for it in 1996 -£5500 they required are ownership papers and a copy of the 2016 maintenance payment witch sent in December.I now have had telephone calls telling me I owe mantainance payments from MG hotels
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Did you sign anything that said you would have on going maintenance payments following completion of the sale? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not sighed any thing from timeshare in Spain they just phoned me to say the maintance payment was late told them the situation that I had sold they told me that I was still liable for payment although I had sold
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. When you sold it did you sign any form of deed to transfer the obligation to the company that purchased your time share? Have you been sent an invoice for the money? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only invoice we have is for the £6200 witch we paid by credit card,we did not sign a deed transfer to my recollection
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. So you have not received any invoice for the maintenance payments? Do you have the address of the company that purchased the time share? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Revived invoice in November witch company in Malta asked for sent this to them company is Hallmark Holiday Investments (Malta) Ltd
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. If the company that purchased the time share from you agreed to take over all maintenance payments, then I would refer the payment to this company. In the mean time until they actually send you an invoice for the maintenance fees and threaten to sue you, this seems like just Sabre rattling. In England it is actually a criminal offence under the Administration of Justice Act 1970 s.40 to pursue someone for money they do not owe. Have you had any previous dealings with MG Hotels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really Pleachley leisure sold it to MG hotels only contact received is maintance payments and deals on holidays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When mg hotels contacted me by phone I told them to who i had sold willing to tell them the name and address of company who had purchased,but they said they could not deal with them only me