12826847

I have recently terminated my car finance with moneybarn

Customer Question

I have recently terminated my car finance with moneybarn via letter . They have accepted it under the half way payment rule but insist I need to be present to hand the car back . I am a coach driver so I am away every mon to fri . I have collected a new car on mobility so have left the car with the garage . Moneybarn are threatening charges for recovery and saying I have "Abandoned" the vehicle .
I need advice please .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Where exactly are you supposed to hand the car back in person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said they would have the recovery agents call me to arrange . As I am a coach driver I am away each week mon to fri. Therefore I can not be at the garage in person . The salesman at the garage said he had handed many cars back and the customer has never had to be present
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is really getting on top of me so need to know my position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has this conversation ended ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there Ben ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am still here
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Does your contract specifically state how you are expected to return the car? Also if you were present would they have still just turned up at the garage to collect it from you?