75100385

A group of students who stayed at my business recently have

Customer Question

A group of students who stayed at my business recently have taken a grievance through their university social media in which they claim to be setting out to damage my business as a consequence. The students are officers of the International Students Society of Strathclyde University and they used the group's social media channel to whip up support to use trip advisor against my business. They conspired to make the Trip Advisor comments as effective as they could and showed each other their work. Six trip advisor reviews appeared within a couple of days as the result of this. The media has many users within the university and beyond - we have screen shot evidence of their intentions. I complained to the university who said they would meet with the students - the social media thread was taken down at this point - the university got the students to agree to stop encouraging their membership but refused to ask them to take down the trip advisor comments. So there was a period of publication within this group and the trip advisor comments remain. Do I have a case against the University ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to confirm its not the University making the claims, but the students themselves?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The students are acting as officers of the Society which is part of the student s union, the society paid for the students to stay with us (collecting money from students). The social media used belongs to the University so is effectively a university media channel. The group to which the students belong is a university group and I imagine they used university email addresses to communicate with trip advisor. They acted collectively.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is your number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** have to do anything other than wait?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, I am just in the car so will call in the next 5 minutes. Alex