13262538

I live in a council flat and need to go abroad months

I live in a council flat and need to go abroad for 2 months for business (and leisure) and want to rent the flat out on Air BnB. If I inform the council I will be away and continue to make rent payments am I breaking my tenancy conditions? Are there legal ramifications for me?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.If you look at your tenancy agreement you will see that subletting the property to anyone at all is prohibited and your tenancy will be forfeit.You are however free go away provided you pay the rent!Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it seen as subletting if it's for a temporary period? My agreement also says that I can be away from my home for up to 3 months leaving a an agent should they need to contact anyone
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You can indeed go away provided they have someone to contact - but it is subletting even if only for two mponths