JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

I am one of two remaining trustees (along with my brother)

I am one of two remaining trustees (along with my brother) of my father's discretionary will trust (the third, my mother, has since died) and we wish to appoint a new trustee. I understand that my brother and I can do this but is there a form of words or specific procedure that must be used. As a Chartered Secretary and former pension scheme trustee I am reasonably familiar with this sort of documentation. Do I have to use a solicitor?
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Good eveningThank you for your message.The answer in short is you need what's called a 'deed of appointment of trustees'. There are templates available online so a Solicitor will not be necessary.I hope that helps.Best of luck, Kind regardsKrystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.
Thank you for your rating