12826847

My ex girlfriend is threatening legal action against me on

Customer Question

my ex girlfriend is threatening legal action against me on the property we jointly own which I now live in and we used to rent out.
She is demanding £20'000 equity as she is named on the mortgage and the deeds for me to become legally the single owner and remove her name. Over the ten years we were together she never paid any mortgage or rent contributions, any house hold bills utility or other related bills. All the deposit was generated by me by selling her car, which i payed for, and by some of my cash.
Is this a case worth fighting in court or am i best to re-mortgage and pay her the equity and walk away without the legal battle or do i have a case to settle in court?
I do not have any other assets only debt which I am still paying.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Has the mortgage lender agreed to take her off the mortgage deed? Kind regards AJ