75100385

I parked in a disabled badge in a private car park last

Customer Question

I parked in a disabled badge in a private car park last summer, displaying my blue badge. The instructions on the car park sign said that permits/payment must be used but didn't specify any instructions for disabled badge users.
I received a ticket which I apeealed, sending in proof of my badge. I never received a response only a letter reminding me to pay. I again responded with the appeal and reasons why and again no response. I contacted POPLA around this time but it was beyond the appeals process so they said they couldn't help. I tried to call the car parking company many times but couldn't find a number. I called Citizens advice who said I wasn't obliged to pay the fine.
Recently I have been contacted by "debt collectors" on the parking companies behalf saying that if I don't pay, I will be taken to court. Once again I responded explaining what I've just written above but they said I had to pay regardless.
My question is, do I? It seems incredibly unjust and unfair.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How much is being claimed please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£150
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would pay it. If you are out of time to appeal to POPLA then you are liable. That was your last chance.I am sorry. If it went to Court, you would lose.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/