Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I sold a privAtely held hospitality company I co-founded

I sold a privAtely held hospitality company I co-founded outright to 3rd party. My company owned its hospitality brand and IP on the brand plus web domains etc. I agreed a transfer of IP and brand names from buyer back to me at a nominal cost of 1£. My solicitor ran up large bills over 2+ years claiming lengthy correspondence with the other side, research, etc etc. What research? How much should these costs be if IP solicitor knew what they were doing, what does it take for brands to be transferred from buyer to seller and re registered? Thank you
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
HI, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Was the brand a registered Trade Mark? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello AJ
Thank you for your reply and Yes it was a registered trade mark.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you. The matter should be relatively straightforward it should be an assignment document or deed assigning the goodwill in the brand and trade mark. If the trade mark is registered it should be relatively easy to do. Has the lawyer produced any documentation? Kind regards AJ