How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 848
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My exhusband & I bought a house in 1993 he left the house (marital

Customer Question

My exhusband & I bought a house in 1993 he left the house (marital home) & bought house for himself in 2000. We had a £50,000.00 mortgage on the marital home, when he left I took the mortgage over on a interest payment only basis.
I now wish to sell my exhusband want £125,000.00 from the sale how ever I've been told that he will only entitled to £40,500.00 this is due to as be low.
The house was worth in 2000 when he left and I payed there after £131,000.00
The mortgage was £ 50,000.00
Remove the mortgage this will be Equity of the property at
time of him leaving £ 81,000.00
If we were to have split the equity 50/50 he would be entitled to. £ 40,500.00
There for that is what he is entitled to at this time is this correct.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try ans assist you. Please may I ask: - are you still married? If not, when did you get divorced?- If you are divorced, were the matrimonial finances dealt with at the time? was an order made by the court in respect of the matrimonial finances?- If you are divorced - have either of you remarried?- was it your divorce petition or your husbands divorce petition?- Is the house in both your names? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are divorced June 2001
No marital finances were made a court he cashed in the indowment
neither fo us has remarried,
I divorce him
The house is still in both our names I was told by building society they could not take his name of it ,
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your response. I just needed to clarify the legal background as to the respect of your current positions. Just a few more questions: - when did you marry?- where there any other matrimonial assets? savings? pensions etc?- how much was the endowment that your husband cashed? when was this? did you get a share? Kind Regards Caroline
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Would it be ok if I called you tomorrow? I could call you at a time of your choosing between 11am and 1.30pm? If you let me know if this is ok and what time would be best for you and I will then accept your request and this will give me your telephone number. Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not be on the number I sent alternatively can you call me on 07926 964955Many thanks
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I will write that down. What time would you prefer me to call? Kind Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any time after 09:00 thanks
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ok I have a meeting at 9am - but it should be finished by 11am - so I will call you as soon as it does. Speak to you tomorrow. Kind Regards Caroline

Related Law Questions