12826847

My son got 2 parking tickets whilst parked on university, he

My son got 2 parking tickets whilst parked on university, he didn't appeal and not we have 2 letters from DRP for £160 each. He does actually have a parking pass for uni but was in the process of changing cars so hadn't had the permit changed. I have his pass for his old car and copies of the DVLA paperwork for the new vehicle in which he got the tickets.I called DRP and they said that it didn't matter he has to pay. But if he had a pass why should he pay?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I presume the pass was for a specific car reg?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it was for his old car and he was going to change to his new car at Uni reception but when he came home he quit uni so didn't go back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have proof of ownership for both cars
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Who is the issuer of the ticket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First Parking LTD on behalf of the Uni I believe
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any mention of the local council in the body of the fines?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Is he prepared to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes depending on the chances of winning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would the costs be if he is sued? And would that affect his credit rating?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Costs are very low. It is a small claims court sum. Probably around £35-£50 plus fixed solicitors costs of £50 and the sum of the fine. It is not a huge risk. The chances they will sue are fairly low as well. They will just send out debt collection letters and probably phone. They have become more aggressive recently but the chances are still incredibly low. In terms of the chances of winning, it depends what the signs at the location say. If they demand that permits be displayed then he is in technical breach although one could argue there was no loss arising. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would this affect his credit rating at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would the £50 be for him to have a solicitor? And would we have to find our own?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not if he pays within 28 days of judgment.No, the £50 is for their solicitor but he can self represent. Most people do at the small claims court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, we will give it a go and I will probably represent him. I love this serviceThanks once again