75100385

Our club has bowled at the same green uninterrupted since 1982

Our club has bowled at the same green uninterrupted since 1982 (34) with only verbal permission of the current brewery and previous brewery, we have now been served with an eviction notice as the brewery want to sell the pub & green with vacant possession, do we have any rights to continue to bowl there? ***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is it just the green you use to be clear?Do you know why nothing was ever in writing please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just the bowling green we use for our matches but we do go into the pub after each home match.
In 1982 when the green was refurbished it was just an agreement with the club and the landlady at the time although the brewery Burtonwood knew, they even supplied an away kit for the club, in 2005 Marston's brewery bought out Burtonwood and we just continued as normal
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is bad news I am afraid. Unless you have anything in writing then you have no security of tenure. As you have no security this means your agreement can be terminated at any time and indeed without notice.If you had something in writing then at least you would have an agreement for a set period of time but sadly you dont.This means you can sadly be asked to leave.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex