Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Our conversation last Monday 5th April you said " If the

Customer Question

Our conversation last Monday 5th April you said " If the mortgage cannot be transferred to his sole name, then he can prepare a legal document that they both sign confirming that she is not entitled to her share upon sale of the property - this document is known as a deed of trust and a solicitor can prepare if for them".
Please see attached which has been sighed and witnessed by both parties, will this still stand?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your further question. The document you have a attached is a deed of trust outlining what will happen in the event of a sale of the property. The deed of trust referred to in your first question is one that sets out that only your son is entitled to 100% of the proceeds of sale. At the moment your son is entitled to £15,000 or 11.24% of the proceeds and half the equity of the property. This deed of trust will still be effective at this time and he would need a new one that outlines that she is not entitled to a property - whether she enters into a new one is a different question.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.