12826847

Newham council picked up my car it had been stolen joy ridden

Customer Question

Newham council picked up my car it had been stolen joy ridden and abandoned - they took it to a car pound and after 7 weeks crushed it.
The car is still fully insured and taxed and mot'd until June 2016.
They did not alert police nor me the vehicle owner nor my car insurers.
I've completed a county court claim _Newham have been served the papers and they have not even had the courtesy to respond what do I do next?
I have not even been able to claim from my own car insurers as the cause of my car being smashed was deliberate by Newham council
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Did you report it stolen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was reported to the police by me when my car had disappeared they told me to collect from a pound it had been listed on TRACE but I was unaware as I'd not needed to use my car the police said it had all been dealt with by the council not them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I didn't mean to opt out.It would show for life on enhanced and standard and either five to ten years on basic depending on the sentence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't think your reply applies to me ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't. Sorry, the site keeps swapping between questions.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Why hasn't it been reported to the insurers?How long ago was this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been reported to my insurers but the car was not written off through accident it was crushed deliberately by the council so I was told that I had to challenge Newham council
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I think I might be better speaking face to face with a solicitor as the concern is quite convoluted and the chat is taking too long
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Let me know if you change your mind.