Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am a Landlord and my tenant has a 12 month fixed term

Customer Question

Hi, I am a Landlord and my tenant has a 12 month fixed term agreement which can be terminated after 6 months with 2 months notice. Does my tenant have to give me notice in writing. The reason I ask this is because the agent tells me that they are accepting an email from the tenant to terminate the agreement. Thanks in anticipation, Patrick
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Is it not outlined in the tenancy agreement how notice should be served, in any event it would be expected that notice in writing is required and email will be considered by the courts as "in writing" given that electronic correspondence is prevalent now.Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.