13262538

I am the Executor of an old friend's will and his sister has

Customer Question

I am the Executor of an old friend's will and his sister has power of attorney over his bank accounts state pension payments etc. Will she be able to empty the bank account and distribute funds to the beneficiaries or is that my place. In other words who has the greater authority
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you The Power of Attorney ends when a person dies and at that point the Attorney has no powers whatsoever - and if she makes any payments then it would amount to fraud.Please ask if you need further details