12826847

I am currently having problems with a double glazing company

I am currently having problems with a double glazing company as per below. Do I have any legal redress?
Premier Window Systems Ltd. Company no. 09594853 incorporated 18 May 2015.
Jane Walton *****
Knypersley
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
ST8 7 XA
5th March 2016
Ian Munro visited as a stand-in survey from the 'commercial team' as the normal surveyor was unavailable. Ian demonstrated the various security features of the Premier window frames and explained their development to exceed police security requirements. He advised on the security of the sturdy frames, noise reduction and quality glass filled with inert gas in order to prevent heat loss. Ian said Premier Windows only used their own employed highly skilled installation teams, no sub-contractors, and that was how they could guarantee the high quality service. As Ian was from the 'commercial' team he would be able to offer a better deal than the normal surveyor provided that we accepted his offer the and then. He worked out the cost of what it should have been and said if we agreed to the deal and paid a deposit, we could have a substantial discount. He could offer this as they needed to keep the factory running, didn't want to lay any workers off and risk losing their skills as they may not be able to re-employ similar skilled workers when required. The install would take approx two days.
The installation was scheduled to start on Tuesday 29th March.
29th March 2016
Installation cancelled without warning. No one had bothered to contact us prior to the Bank Holiday that the installers weren't available. We had already cancelled our plans for the day, too late to rearrange.
30th March 2016
Installation commenced with a sub-contracting team (Charlie and Daniel)!!
31st March 2016
Installation continued
1st April 2016
Installation continued. Missing a correctly sized window pain. Installers borrowed old bathroom flooring from out of the garage in order to board up the window.
2nd April 2016
Charlie came to complete the job......except he didn't have the missing window pain, so this had to remain boarded up. He did attempt the under bay plastering work on both bays. He left, nothing had been cleaned satisfactorily.
4th April 2016
Colin Gilbert telephoned Carl in order to inform him of the missing window and cleaning problems. Carl apologised for the problems, said he would speak to the sub-contractor and would come round at 3.45pm on the 5th in order to correct the issues.
5th April 2016
Carl and team came around at 3.45pm in order to clean the pains and surrounds. Whilst on site they found parts missing from the installation of other Windows and a lack of sealant around the sills and frames. We discussed the plasterwork and Carl advised painting it with a mix of pva and paint in order to prepare the surface. We were assured that all was now well and a cheque for the ba***** *****ded over to Carl.
6th April 2016
Colin Gilbert emailed Carl to advise that now the paint preparation covering had been applied, it was clear the plaster surface was pitted, lined, and generally unfit for the purpose of painting. The finish would be unacceptable.
7th April 2016
A draft is discovered blowing in between the plastic frame parts of the rear window and the front bay window. Colin Gilbert called Premier Windows in order to speak with Carl. Receptionist advised Carl was out surveying but would ask him to return the call. Colin Gilbert contacted bank and put a stop on the balance payment cheque and contacted Premier Windows to advise them of that fact. Carl rang back in order to arrange a date for the plasterwork and drafts to be rectified. He said he need to give the sub-contractors a chance to put right their mistakes, they would be available Saturday afternoon. Colin Gilbert refused to allow them back on site and said it must be a competent person who undertakes the remedial work. Carl to ring back on 8th April 2016 in order to confirm when he can undertake the work, this should be Monday or Tuesday.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
What is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please see submitted question above
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
So, in short, they have delayed the installation?When they did it there is some remedial work which they are offering to do?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are offering to keep returning and fix things but I am getting less confident about the quality of the installation as there appear to be so many issues
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
It is possible to refuse them entry on the basis that you have no faith in their capacity to complete the work but that is a really high test. It is not as simple as showing that you are displeased or even that there are faults. You have to show reasonable grounds to believe that they just are not capable which isn’t really made out here. Obviously delay does not give rise to a claim unless you agreed that time is of the essence and even had that been the case you accepted their services so it falls away. They do have a duty to put this right but you are under a duty to give them a reasonable opportunity to do so. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Jo,
I will bear with them.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.
No problem and all the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.