Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I purchased some furniture In April last year,after six months

I purchased some furniture In April last year,after six months the cushions on chair started to collapse.I reported it to the showroom and they sent out an upholsterer to rectify the problem in Oct.Late Jan/Feb this year the same thing happened again.The same thing is now happening to the sofa.The suite seems to be inflatable furniture that has a leak,have I any rights?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Did the upholsterer identify any fault with the furniture? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only to say the filling in the cushion had move
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. You may have rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, there is an implied condition in the sale of all goods that they are fit for purpose and free of any minor defects - see section 14. Breach of this section is treated as a breach of contract and technically a breach of contract can be sued for within 6 years. The remedy for this may be a reduction in the purchase price or a full refund. You would have to prove that this is an actual defect with the goods concerned. Have you asked for a refund? Kind regards AJ