Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have had a written agreement with a team of fitness instructors

Customer Question

i have had a written agreement with a team of fitness instructors who i have trained, mentored and mostly financed for five years. There is a clause in the agreement stating that should they leave our team, to protect the rest of the team, they cannot teach for twelve months within 12 miles of any of our existing classes. Similar to the purchase example above, the nature of the business is people contact, and twelve miles is not unreasonable for someone to drive to a fitness class in our rural area.
Reading the above, i am not sure if this would pass as lawful restraint of trade, and would welcome advice
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gina, my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Is it likely to harm your business if they were to breach this clause?