Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a first FDR hearing variance in 6 days

i have a first FDR hearing for maintenance variance in 6 days and now my employer wants me to go on a business trip on that day, can i postpone the hearing or not turn up ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. You can request a postponement by agreement with the other side, however it is for them to agree. If they do not agree you can request it from the court - however, this gives you very little time for it to be considered by a judge and it is likely that the judge will not consider a business trip to be sufficient reason to adjourn the hearing.I highly suggest that you do attend. If the hearing goes ahead and you do not attend then the court can make directions in your absence and will likely make a costs order against you for a wasted hearing.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you