12826847

Is there a time limit to bringing a case of money

Is there a time limit to bringing a case for loss of money against a solicitor or their parent body?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paid money to two solicitors acting for two companies which was part of a scam. Contacted by police who stated that they were investigating these companies and asked that I did not to do anything that would interfere with their investigation. Now told that police have dropped their investigation and am unable to get any info' from them. Can I seek recompense from the solicitor legal body
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
is there any evidence the solicitors were complicit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I had given police the solicitors info' regarding the cheques which had been cleared thro' my bank I was later informed that they had been disbarred. Assume all those caught in the scam used the same escrow solicitors to pay the so called companies involved so the money involved would have been very high.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You could obviously complain to the SRA but they are not liable on behalf of the solicitors. You do have a claim against the solicitors but if they are disbarred then it might be that they cannot pay. If the solicitors are here and the company are abroad then they would be the better target though despite that. To pursue that you will need to show that they were complicit though. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was under impression that SRA had insurance (paid by solicitors)to cover loss' by solicitors illegal actions. this scam was run from London by two lots of crooks based in EC2M. Guess it's Goodbye to my 30K unless the City of London Fraud Div responds to negative publicity. The reason for not using Call me is that I suffer from acute high frequency hearing loss ( a present from the MOD)
Thank you for your help.