75100385

I hope you can help. I sold 2 unfinished houses about 1year

Customer Question

Hi.I hope you can help. I sold 2 unfinished houses about 1year ago through the property auctions,but some time before i sold them i put in place 3 different fees 1 for gas installation ,1 for electric installation and 1 to highways for pavement reinstatement and drop kerb, to allow off street parking. I didn't intend to sell the properties before completion but financial circumstances forced my hand.when i sold the properties it was the properties i sold not any held fees that were to be used by myself at a later date .The new owners are now asking for those fees to be paid to them. Thankyou
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 9 months ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.So that I am absolutely clear, are you saying that at some stage prior to the Auction, you obtained quotes for the electric/gas installations and the highways fees for the dropped kerb. You then did not pay these fees nor get the necessary works completed, as you then decided to sell.Have the Buyers therefore had to pay these 3 lots of fees to the relevant parties that undertook the works?I look forward to hearing form you.Al
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi. For highways feesfor the dropped kerb ,i had to put £2k on deposit with the local authority as part of the planning requirements, I wasn't allowed to commence the start of the building project unless i placed this deposit with them,so if i was unable ,to complete the reinstatement of the pathway and drop kerb for whatever reason ,they would have my money on file.If i completed the reistatement satisfactorly then the council would return my money.but i have since sold them and feel that is now their responsibility.same goes for the gas and electric installations ,i received quotes from both were asked to put the quoted amount on file with the gas and electricity boards so when i was ready they would undertake the works.The new owners requested payment from the gas board for the money i had on account, but the gas board would not entertain them and told them it was i the previous owner who had paid the monies in to them and the money should go back to myself .I contacted the gas board and they returned the money to me .I told the new owners after speaking with the local authority about my money on file with them that they agreed to return my money for the drpo kerb after the project had finished which i am happy to go along with but they insist it belongs to them.Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The new owners have as far as i am aware not paid for the gas installatoin or the dropped kerb because the project is stillunder development
Expert:  Ash replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis are those fees being claimed, do you know?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am waiting for the reply from my last answer to you as i have limited funds available .
Expert:  Ash replied 9 months ago.
Ok - then you are not liable for those fees. Unless you said that they were included, then the fees are NOT payable.To be clear only if you agreed to pay those fees would you be liable. Under NO other circumstances.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you have been most helpfull and encouraging to me [thankyou]. The new owners feel that as i sold these properties through the auctions lock stock and barrel that they are entitled to whatever payments i put in place for my use and benefit when i owned these properties .Idid not agree to give anyone those fees ,they were mine. so can i return their answer and safely say no you are not entitled to those fees because i did not agree to them to anyone. Could i use you again when i need to with other legal matters.I like you.and have got confidence in you. My tel no is *********** and my name is ***** ***** I am from west wales. what do i do about paying you? Thankyou
Expert:  Ash replied 9 months ago.
I am glad to be of help. If you want me in future just come back here and start any questions FOR ALEX and I can pick them up. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesn't credit me for time spent with you. Thanks Alun
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Of course i will and be glad to. May i ask you could you or are you able to drop me a line by post confirming today's outcome with this issue .I would be more than happy to pay you for this service if at all possible, and if it is i will give you my adress.Thanks alun
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Alex , are you able to do what i asked.it' ok if you can't just let me know .I have rated you and sent you a tip.Thanks. Alun
Expert:  Ash replied 9 months ago.
Sadly I cant call you, without it being through the site. Alex
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok so can i just tell the new owners no you are not entitled to the fees and leave it at that for the moment, and i will get back to you when i need you through the site.Thanks Alun
Expert:  Ash replied 9 months ago.
Sure.