12826847

I am in the process of purchasing a duplex property that is

Customer Question

I am in the process of purchasing a duplex property that is being offered as freehold but have been advised that there is a leasehold interest on this property, where do i stand ,what should I do and will I have future financial encumbrancies due to the leasehold, will it cause me problems selling in the future
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the property is one building divided into 4 quarters all having their own front door and each being 2 storey like an individual house
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Nicola,
I would like to wait for an answer if possible, please continue your search
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
We do not use the phrase Duplex Property in the UK. Are you in the UK or the US?If you are in the US I will transfer this to the appropriate category because it’s been posted in UK law.If you are in the UK could you please explain the layout of the property a little more and explain where the leasehold interest comes from.Is anyone currently living in the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I am in essex uk. Local builder developed small site comprising of 1 block of 2 storey flats with 2 blocks of 4 x 2 storey houses on either side. The 2 storey houses have been built in a square divided into 4 quarters. each quarterhas 2 walls that fit into the square so.each unit of the four has only 2 outside walls.
Builder has been renting properties but now needs to sell. they have been marketed as freehold but I have been advised that there is a leasehold element still in place. I am confused.
These properties have been marketed as duplex houses to me by estate agent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry each of the 4 properties in this square formation have there own front door to the outside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property has been rented but is now vacant and empty.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explain a little more about this leasehold interest and what exactly it is that concerns you? If you have the Land Registry Official Copies of title, they would probably assist me.