75100385

I need to get out my business premises lease and it has a termination

I need to get out my business premises lease and it has a termination clause that is written out below
The tenant is bound by this agreement for entire duration with a get out option after the first 12 months when 3 months notice must be given. At the end of the agreement if the tenant opts to terminate or not renew the lease a further 3 months notice must be given.
The lease was for the dates 22/05/15-22/05/17 so I'm comming up to 12 months does the mean I can hand in my 3 months notice?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. To be clear it's a two year lease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
yes I think you can get out. Once you get to twelve months you can give three months notice, that is how I read it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's all I wanted to know just wanted to be sure before i upset anyone how would I write my notice I'm very new to all this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it definitely doesn't mean I should of give it 3 months prior to 12 months
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
That is not the way I read it although I aspect that was the intention. It's poor drafting. Can I clarify anything for you? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So with your experience there should be no problems in regards ***** ***** my notice to leave on the 22/05/2016or is there a chance the landlord could refuse due to it breaching the contract in some way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the attached files off the full lease
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
He can't refuse because the agreement isn't drawn up in that way,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, I didn't get the full lease and sadly I wouldn't be able to review the whole document as that would be an additional service.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything else for you? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for clarifying everything