75100385

Can a developer force residents of a private road to give him access to develop a garden a

Customer Question

Can a developer force residents of a private road to give him access to develop a garden ajoining the road? He does not currently have right of way and the road is behind a gate.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.In short NO!If it was to repair an existing property then he would have a right under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992.But this is not the case here - its a new project and as such you can refuse permission.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/