75100385

Good morning, I am a resident of Spain as a retired British

Customer Question

Good morning,
I am a resident of Spain as a retired British Subject.
On 4/02/2016 I answered a Classified advert on Ebay for a classic car. I telephoned the dealer & bank transfered £250 as deposit. I did not buy through Ebay.
Due to banking problems I had to delay inspection & collection of the car from the UK. To placate the seller I increase the deposit to £1525 which I stated by Email to his wife must be refundable should the car have damage or my own ill health.
After viewing the car on 31/03/2016 I rejected it but was persuaded to purchase it. I paid the balance of the monies in cash up to £2900.
Without going into litigation am I able to return the car without financial loss under the ICAC fourteen day cooling off period ? I understand I have to send a letter requiring a signature to the seller should I be able to return the car.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.To confirm did you pay cash on the day for the balance?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid £47 in the hope of receiving advice as to whether I am entitled to a full refund should I return the car within the 14 day cooling off period. In my intitial question I stated that I paid the balance in cash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£250 by bank transfer on 04/02/2016
£1275 by bank transfer on 15/02/2016
£1375 in cash on 31/03/2016
total = £2900
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHY NO 'PHONE CALL ? WHY NO ANSWER ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TODAY IS OKAY FOR YOU TO CALL
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I cant see your number here, can you just post it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE ONLY CALL AT YOUR EXPENSE. 0034###-##-####
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Consumer Rights Act 2015Goods must be of satisfactory quality - S.9Goods fit for purpose - S.10Goods as described - S.11