75100385

I have been living oversees last 7 years. My wife and

I have been living oversees for the last 7 years. My wife and I allowed for her parents to live in our house rent free. We wish to move back to our house and try and relocate my in-laws however they are saying that they wont move out. What are our rights and where we do we stand from a legal view point
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have they said WHY they wont move out? Do they have anything in writing for a tenancy agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no written tenancy agreement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't have any where to live and are old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have offered them help to find somewhere however other family members are claiming they have every right to stay in my property until they die
Ok. You need to send them a letter asking them to move or say you will seek a court order. If they refuse then you need to complete form N5 - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005-eng.pdf - send this to the county court. It will be set down for a hearing and a judge will decide whether to give possession. Bearing in mind they have no agreement and paid no rent, the judge will grant possession. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, I thank you for advice and will not hesitate to contact you further if I require your services
thanks, ***** ***** could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise I am not credited for my time. Thanks and have a great weekend. Alex