75100385

I have been living oversees last 7 years. My wife and

I have been living oversees for the last 7 years. My wife and I allowed for her parents to live in our house rent free. We wish to move back to our house and try and relocate my in-laws however they are saying that they wont move out. What are our rights and where we do we stand from a legal view point
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have they said WHY they wont move out? Do they have anything in writing for a tenancy agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no written tenancy agreement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't have any where to live and are old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have offered them help to find somewhere however other family members are claiming they have every right to stay in my property until they die
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You need to send them a letter asking them to move or say you will seek a court order. If they refuse then you need to complete form N5 - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005-eng.pdf - send this to the county court. It will be set down for a hearing and a judge will decide whether to give possession. Bearing in mind they have no agreement and paid no rent, the judge will grant possession. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, I thank you for advice and will not hesitate to contact you further if I require your services
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise I am not credited for my time. Thanks and have a great weekend. Alex