Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My name is***** husband started divorce proceedings

Hello. My name is***** husband started divorce proceedings back in December 2015. He can apply for the decree absolute from the 8th of April. My lawyer have got him to sign an undertaking saying he will not apply for the absolute without giving us 14days notice. I just want to clarify what can happen if he goes ahead to file for the absolute, without giving the notice. Does he get granted this? And what are the implications to him in not giving us the notice aspa the signed undertaking?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank yoi for your question. If your husband signed the undertaking then your solicitor should send that to the court and also explaim why yoi wish to delay an application for decree absolute. This will be flagged up if the court receives an application from him and prevent it going through.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you