75100385

Dear sirs I valued a property yesterday in Northampton

Customer Question

dear sirs
I valued a property yesterday for sale in Northampton the owner of the property gave me her full permission to go ahead and market her property for her and go back to the property today to take photos at 2 clock we had agreed a selling fee of 1% which she agreed. I have just received a call from her husband to stay that they have instructed another agent.
where do I stand legally
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Did they sign any terms and conditions please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we verbally agreed the terms of business and to revisit today regards Thomas
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Thomas. Its bad news then I am afraid, unless there was a signed agreement you can not stop them changing Estate Agents.If you had something in writing which set out the consequences of termination (ie full or partial fee due) then sadly there is nothing you can do.This is because you do not have anything in writing that says about what happen if there is termination.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/