75100385

I won a council tender cream and snacks i trade in

Customer Question

i won a council tender for ice cream and snacks i trade in the car park on the beach entrance the other trader who lost the tender is still trading on the outside of the car park 5mts away from me and the council are now saying because thay are out side on the highways thay carnt move them i won this tender 2 years ago and have payed the tender fee twice now is there anything oi can do thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the council are saying there is no restriction on street trading but they did asure me if i won the tender they would be told to go but this has not been the case
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Who owns the car park please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Council owned car park witch is the car park for the beach cars also park on road out side car park
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
In terms of the Council then they can stop it because it is their car park. They can allow or refuse who they want in the car park.In terms of the Highway then if there are double yellows etc clearly someone can't stop there. Even if there are not double yellows they may need a local licence to stay there for any length of time.You should write to the Chief Officer of the Council and set out your position. In effect there was no point to the tender if they are not going to do anything about if.The Chief Officer will look at the matter and and see whether or not they will investigate your complaint. If they do not then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free at: www.lgo.org.ukThat should resolve the matter for you. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ring me on *********** before midday on Monday if possible or send me a text on *********** to let me know the tone you will ring many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I can call today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not available to talk today sorry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Remind me tomorrow and I will call.