75100385

I had a gastric balloon fitted on the 12th March . After 3

Customer Question

I had a gastric balloon fitted on the 12th March . After 3 days I felt no effects and began to complain to Moscow as I had paid 4450 pounds for the procedure. I was advised to make changes to my diet which I did and stuck to my part of the contract. I continued to complain and write letters. Finally I was aloud to speak with a baratric surgeon who after listening to my concerns felt the balloon had not been inflated enough therefore no effects felt. Nosc eventually agreed to take me back into hospital on the 12th May to add more saline to the spatz gastric balloon however they have now called back to say they have to change the date again to the 25th May. I feel as being a staff nurse working within the Nhs myself there has been no patient centered care around myself nor empathy for my own individual needs. I also feel there has been no understanding from my prospective. I feel they have not taken ownership and accountability for what has happened. I have never complained before however find it very strange that when I paid upfront for the procedure I was taken within a week for the procedure. The balloon stays in place for a year and I have already lost approximately 2 months due to the time taken to resolve things. I had also booked time of work for the 12th May and now have to change this and hope my employer allows it. Is there anything more I can do to resolve things quickly in case they continue to keep changing the dates
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you would like to know about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want the procedure done sooner as they seem to keep putting me of. I have told them I will take this to the health service ombudsman if this carry on much longer
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do they actually have any earlier available slots? Would it be against medical advice to have it easier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the balloon can be inflated or deflated at any time to suit the individuals needs. I mention Moscow that was a mistake meant Nosc in Glasgow. Had the procedure done at Ross hall private hospital
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh and the procedure only takes 30 min and your home the same day. I am very frustrated and let down by their response to things. I have stuck to my side of the contract and feel they are not taking accountability for something that is not my fault. As I said I have already lost 2 months with no results therefore only have ten months left before it has to be removed. The sooner it's dealt with the longer I have to see the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anytime after nine am
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex