13262538

When my mother wrote her will, 10 years ago, she showed me

When my mother wrote her will, 10 years ago, she showed me the first draft from the solicitor and said that could get the sum(gift) infaltion enhanced if necessary. Is thid standard pratice.Type your legal question here
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.In fact it i snot standard to index link a gift in this way - it would only be done if the Testator gave specific instructions that this is what he or she wantedPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the law give scope for inflation enhancement or adjustment, my mother seemed to think this was that this was possible I think this came from her lawyer. Think she quoted about half inflation. If a will is distorted by house price inflation between parties or factors would this present a case.
Stephen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She mentioned that an extra line at end of the will might need to be added but was usually o.k without. Can I approach her lawyer for arbitration, however I think he may be my brother's lawyer now?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
May I just check - has your mother since died?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mother died on the 31.10.15 but probate has only just been given in the last couple of weeks. The will is dated 3.06.2005. The total estate is about £750K including half the house.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I am sorry but there is no basis on which there can now be any alterations to the Will and the gift cannot be index linked at all.You can request a copy of the legal file regarding the making of the Will from the solicitor quoting the case of Larke - v Nugusif you wish to check what instructions your late mother gave