12826847

I had a parking ticket posted to me for £75.75 I wrote saying

Hi I had a parking ticket posted to me for £75.75 I wrote saying there was no ticket on my van which was parked on a private carpark and could I pay the lower amount of around £30 they sent me a photo of the ticket on my van and said no so my girlfriend paid the bill for me now they say I owe £180 I wrote and told them it was paid they said I have to proof it I said there was a admin fee of £200 for me to send they said they won't pay and a judge will side with them and I will lose is this correct they did me no favours so why should I spend money and time sorting out there mistake thanks Andy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't remember as I paid it and thought that was that and then I started getting letters from a debt company I sent them dates of payment and the ref from bank statement then 14 month later they are writing again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only says corporate services
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is it a debt collector or bailiffs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a debt collector called d r p
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does it refer to a decision from the Northampton County Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No as far as I am aware it's not been to court
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Council issued fines go to court as a paper exercise. Are you sure it doesn't refer to Northampton? It will change everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing on the letters that refers to Northampton it does they they will start court proceedings
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It is private land then.Are you prepared to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Depends on my risk as my girlfriend paid it over the phone and they lost it somewhere they want me to travel 14 mile round trip to the bank as I am a small business I thought I should be able to charge a admin fee for my time as I am very busy with work or would you suggest just sending it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I did say I was happy to send it to them for a small fee
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends really what your goal is. A private land fine is basically just an invoice. They do not always sue. In fact, they rarely do. If you refuse to pay the chances of being sued are about 10%. However, it could happen.If that did happen then you could defend on the basis that you did pay. They will probably be saying you didn't pay in time and then it will depend what the signs at the location say. However, it would mean being sued and arguing over it. I don't know whether you want to spend your energies on that?If you ignore it then probably nothing will come of it but there are risks.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no that's all thankyou just wondered were I stood as I can't stand big company's bullying but might just send it them save my energy thankyou for your advice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. All the best.