12826847

I rented a van from company there was some damage

I rented a van from company there was some damage so they take excess of 1200£ fix van for 180£ then keep replying that return of rest will be next week and next and next and so on, now they don't even replay to my email, what can I do to get my cash back
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do they say you are responsible for the damage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes because van was still in my possession, I am not worried about the 180£ but the rest of excess is over 1k£ and they are holding it for almost a half an year now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Did you pay by visa or by debit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pay via debit card but in the meantime it got exported, I did give them new card detail which they accept and response that transfer will be make but never did
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expired
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you prepared to sue them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point I think I am, just not sure how to go about it, never had any experience with law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Send them one letter giving them 14 days to pay and make clear that in default you will sue and seek costs and interests. If they do not pay then issue against them here www.moneyclaim.gov.uk Costs will be about £50-£100 and you will be able to recover. It is quite unlikely to come to a contested action. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do that. Is there an certain form to this letter? English is my second language and I just want them to get the message clear.Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, not really. Just tell them you want a refund of X by Y date and in default you will sue.No need for anything complicated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you very much!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.All the best.