Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

There. I am currently involved in a rather bitter divorce

Hi there.
I am currently involved in a rather bitter divorce and my, shortly to be ex wife, is consistently writing statements to my solicitor containing rather damaging lies bout my conduct. Many of these lies I can provide written evidence of the inaccuracies and false allogations but I wondered where I stand, legaly, in fighting these claims.
At least I want to get her to stop lying.
Look forward to recieving any guidance.
Thank you in advance.
Barry
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-are you undergoing financial settlement negotiations or proceedings?-who has pursued the divorce and under what ground?-what stage has the divorce reached?-what kind of conduct is she alleging?-is she legally represented?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.Many thanks for the reply. Responses below:-are you undergoing financial settlement negotiations or proceedings?
We will be but currently working toward finalising the divorce.-who has pursued the divorce and under what ground?
She pursued the divorce under grounds of unreasonable behavior on my grounds whcih I refuted.-what stage has the divorce reached?
She has applied for decree nisi-what kind of conduct is she alleging?
Not caring about my children. Showing lack of support and has previously wirtten that the children's school raised issues about me (that I bring the childen to school dirty and unwashed) to whcih the school have responded to me, in writing, that no such concerns have ever been raised.-is she legally represented?
She is representing herslef.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I would suggest that you do not finalise the divorce until you have a court order or court approved financial settlement - as certain financial rights end when you divorce - so it may be best to agree not to apply for decree absolute until the finances are settled.In relation to the allegations she is raising, she has pursued the divorce under unreasonable behaviour and they will not require anything further from her. The finances will not be impacted by such allegations and the court will only consider financial misconduct if such is alleged.As long as she is not using the allegations to impact your arrangements to see the children, then I would suggest that you take some advice from your solicitor and ignore the allegations if they are not being used to impact arrangements.If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.