29905560

Very good morning, My friend has a hearing in Tribunal starting

Customer Question

Very good morning,
My friend has a hearing in Tribunal starting in 8hours, on Monday morning, his legal representative is no longer available since she has withdrawn last Sunday the 03rd of April 2016. We tried to find alternative Representative for tomorrow's hearing but it was just too short notice and we haven't found one. He tried to get the hearing postponed but unfortunately the Court declined it. He's dyslexic and in a very bad mental state right now, very stressed out...he doesn't want to attend to the hearing tomorrow, wants to go to see Doctor in the morning...should I try to convince him to take the medication and go for the hearing on his own or going to the Doctor is a good idea, not only for his health, but also will freeze the case and postpone it allowing him to get better and finding alternative legal Representative. Looking very much forward to your reply and thanking in advance. Kind regards, Aga
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
hi there,going to a doctor in the morning does not guarantee postponement of the hearing. The Judge has the right to reject a postponement request and the tribunal rules give them full jurisdiction to decide when this is appropriate. So the risk is that if he does not attend and assumes there will be a postponement, this could be denied and that could be the end of the matter. Instead if he attends the judge could see the state he is actually in and take sympathy with him, allowing a postponement on the day. He could make an application there and then and if the request is still rejected at least he is the to try and proceed as best as he can. So that is why it may be best to attend anyway and request a last minute postponement in person.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much for your response. Anyways, In meantime I cancelled my account with your Company as I understood I will get response within 10min...I needed the answer as soon as possible, before my friend will become unavailable to me.
Thank you very much anyway, will keep your service in mind for future, remembering that the answer within less than 10min is only rough estimate. All the best, ***** ***** Aga
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry we do not guarantee any response time. Sometimes it's 30 seconds sometimes it's 13 hours depending on who is available and if they know the answer to your query