How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9340
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My mother is very ill following a stay in hospital with

Resolved Question:

Hi, My mother is very ill following a stay in hospital with heart problems . her prognosis is not good. She is currently being looked after by my sister in my sisters house. Due to a feud between myself and my sister over an entirely different matter I and my children are being refused access to visit her. it is her wish to see us. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate a quick reply if possible as this is causing my family a great deal of stress.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, this is your sister’s house and if she wants to deny you access, she is able to do so.If you think that your sister is saying what she’s saying and they are not the wishes of your mother, you can apply to court to get an injunction to compel her to give you access to your mother although obviously there is a cost for that and you will not be eligible for legal aid. What you might want to do therefore is contact social services and explain the situation and that you think that your sister is not acting in the best interest of your mother.Social services can arrange to go round to see your mother to see whether she genuinely wants to see you or doesn’t want to see you. The problem is still that it is your sister’s house and she can still deny you access although, faced with social services she is more likely to be flexible.Can I clarify anything for you?Please do not forget to rate the service positive.Best wishesFES
F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you