75100385

I have a small kitchen showroom. I have a Cash account with

Customer Question

I have a small kitchen showroom. I have a Cash account with kitchen supplier JJO. Upon self employed salesmans advice I ordered a kitchen for display from my supplier JJO @ 85% discount. (Normal trade discount is 45%). Display kitchen was fully paid and delivered to my showroom. Whilst I was out of the country the display kitchen was taken away by this salesman and he left some cash towards it. I have not found this salesman yet. I told my suppliers JJO about this issue but they are asking me to pay them the difference between display and trade price. I refused and said that I will buy another kitchen to match and replace the display kitchen at trade price. I have not signed any terms and condition agreement with my supplier for display kitchen. Suppliers JJO assigned debt collectors to collect the money from me. I talked to the debt collectors and they have withdrawn the pursuance. Now the supplier JJO has sent a Claim Form from County Court and addressed to my wife and me. My wife does not have any connection with my business. I have lost business because they would not supply any more goods even though I have cash account.
What shall I do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you would like to know about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see any response to my question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Your wife isnt liable so she can file a defence saying there is no contract.You are not liable because you asked for a display, that was agreed and therefore was the contract.As such they are in breach of contract and you could indeed counter claim for a higher cost.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/