Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I am being made redundant from my job, I have been

I am being made redundant from my job, I have been employed on a full time basis for 28 years, I have been off due to an operation on my arm, and in that time I have spent a couple of mornings at work to try and catch up as there is only myself and a colleaague in the office. My colleague took over from his predessor 1 year ago (whom I wokrked with for 25 years] I can understand that my job has diminished sonewhat due to computers etc., but the way I found out about the redundancy seems totally unacceptable to me. I had gone into the office (on sscik leave) to try and help out, and 3rd party informed me that a mechanic from anothere company had told him that I was being got rid of by the Senior Director as they cant afford me! The same Director and contracts manager then said they would havae to have a difficult chat with me regarding redundancy. I said that I had been told by a 3rd party and he denied it but walked out of the office, I was very angry and upset to be treated like this after 28 years, my colleague offered me a lift home, when I got home a friend called to see how I was as she had heard from her husband what had happened. (I hadnt had time to tell my own husband)He is a Manager in a local company and the said Director had gone in a atold them about me. I havae since had other phone calls from people asking if I was taking the parata time offered, so he is still speaking baout me to others.
The rendundancy process is almost done, all correct and fair, I just want to know if I have a case against Director for Breach of Privacy and Lack of Care to an Employee, or can I ask directly for compensation.
Hope this makes sense
Sheila
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sheila, my name is***** am an employment lawyer and I am happy to help you today. Were you the only person carrying out this role?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
What is the role and have they offered you any alternative employment at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
HI Sheila would you still like help with this?