12826847

Is there a way to repay outstanding council tax by a direct

Is there a way to repay outstanding council tax by a direct offer , without the danger of prison or court appearance
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Can you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it has unfortunately gone on since 2007 when I fled from a business I had as I had been widowed in 2004, and it was failing by then due to my lack of knowledge of the needs of how to run it. I met my current wife later, in 2007 and we moved ion together before marriage in 2010, but I was SO afraid of debtors that I persuaded her to not include me on the tax return and when ever we now try to add me , there is a question as to my prior home, between 04 and 07, and we dont want to get her into trouble if we can pay the outstanding amount up front as we now have that ready in a safe account for just that purpose
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello are you there please, it seems rather quiet
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
This is domestic council tax not business rates?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes, domestic council tax,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry, I cannot afford the extra to speak on the phone , and I just want your best advice to me , from the problem outlined,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Can you repay in full?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello , yes we can repay all the amount I havent paid in that time, as my now wife has it saved in a d
separate account , about £2, 000-00p we think , and am sorry to be impatient ,my apologies, am a bit anxious ref this as it is playing on our minds a lot recently, we dont like cheating and didnt ever envisage being down this road,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
If this is just that you owe council tax arrears and you can pay in full then doing so should bring an end to the matter. They will not seek to send you to prison or take any other action if you pay in full. Obviously you will be naive or the costs of seeking a liability order but that would not be a huge sum. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello and thank you , yes, please, , what do you mean by naive , and will we even go to court, thats the problem that affects my wife,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
That was an error. it should have read liable for the costs.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** would end up in court you think
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
or might the payment in full end the matter for us both,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a sick animal here at present and need to run to vet as soon as we are finished , sorry, so I will thank you in advance in case I need to just get going in a hurry,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
No, as i said, if you paid in full and for the costs then you would not end up in court.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you are a star Jo and thank you so very much, will be giving you the 5 for your attention and courtesy to me and not commenting on the stupidity of the course I took all those years ago , and things are indeed different now as I have become, in my retirement, an evanglical preacher and really want all to be right personally and you have been a great help ,