12826847

My partner and i enterd into a gentlemans agreement with a

my partner and i enterd into a gentlemans agreement with a friend, he paid a deposit and 1 months rent on a property totaling 1165, we have repaid 700 and offerd to pay the outstanding balance as he is no loger a friend, some6 months later he has decided we should pay monies for being invited guests to his home, due to myself diagnosed with cancer he has claimed 42 days, which my partner was only there 20 days and myself 30 he has taken county court action
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do i stand legaly as far as county court action is concerned
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have you paid the outstanding balance?What is he claiming for exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is claiming 1278 and and we dont know what for he has gone through money claim online we have no breakdown of what he claims
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no mention of the amount we have paid on the court papers
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You would obviously have a defence if you do not owe the money. On the face of it, it would seem that you do owe the difference in the actual rent. However it you don't describe liability for anything else. If he does not break down the amount that he is claiming then I would not even think about admitting anything more than the rental difference. The fact that he has actually issued does not mean there is a case to answer. The Small Claims Court is frequented by lay people and so it does attract claims without merit. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo -----the court form has been filled out disclaiming the amount specified and included to pay the excess amount of 465 pounds in full. Should this be suffice.Should the claimant be contacted regarding payment.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not by you.If you are part admitting a claim then the court will write back to him.I'm just offline for a couple of hours but I will be back later tonight