12826847

I commenced an agency role with a Local Authority having been

Customer Question

I commenced an agency role with a Local Authority having been advised this was for a Child Protection Chair. I was jointly interviewed for a CP Chair role and signed a contract for a CP Chair role. I interviewed on 23rd December 2015 but had to wait until 13th January 2016 before I could start so I was concerned. On the morning of my arrival I was told I would be the Local Authority Designated Officer which is a higher role which should command at least £40 - £45.00 per hour rather than the £35.00 per hour as a CP Chair. I struggled to fulfil the role and was seriously criticised but not dismissed. I consistently said I had not signed a contrac for this role and was retained in post. Also I knew if I left the post the advisor at the Job Centre would not allow me to claim any benefits for 5 months so I felt trapped. This all took its toll on my health and I am currently signed off with high blood pressure which the GP states is not hypertension but as a direct result of stress. My was for a standard 3 months which ended on Friday 8th and I gave notice on Thursday 31st March. My manager was of the view ,"its your decision" however on that morning I had visited the surgery and was fitted with a 24 hour blood pressure monitoring device. I have outstanding work to complete which I have offered to do and asked the agency to negotiate an extension of my contract however they are refusing to put anything in writing, do not own that I was paid a lesser rate of pay and effectively changed my role at the start without telling me. Is there a breach of employment contract, what is my position in terms of the impact on my health and how can I ensure I am paid to complete my outstanding work as failure to do so may result in me being referred to my professional body. Many thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is all you want to achieve to get paid what you believe you are due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear BenI need to know what the position is in terms of a breach of contract. I also want to know what part the agency plays in this as I was employed via the agency who seem not to want to get involved now my contract has ended. I also want to know what my position is in terms of the impact upon my health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a response. How can I ensure I am not paying for a non existent service.