75100385

Morning my company received a CCJ which we were never aware

morning
my company received a CCJ which we were never aware off as we have never received the original claim form. obviously we appealed and a court date was given. the claimant never showed. a general form of judgement or order was then issued by the county court and it ordered that:
1. judgement set aside
2. claim to be reserved.
this CCJ is in dispute however it is influencing my business credit rating and Im only a small business that can not afford this CCJ against my name.
secondly, we do not understand how this claim was issued as we we have substancial proof that the claimant never completed the work is 2 days as originally agreed when they took on a project for my business.
we have not received this claim in the first place and it would seem highly unfair that it is at this stage.
how can i appeal successfully to get the case thrown out please?
thanks
mr bosch ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mr Bosch my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did you get a certificate of cancellation from the Court to send to the credit reference agencies please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i didnt receive this from the court
we received the following yesterday:the claimant never showed. a general form of judgement or order was then issued by the county court and it ordered that:
1. judgement set aside
2. claim to be reserved.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to ask the Court to also send give you a certificate of cancellation. You can then post this to Experian, Equifax and Call Credit who will remove the CCJ.You cant stop someone bringing a claim against you. All you can do is when you now get the claim form (if it is resent) is file a defence saying why you do not owe the money.If it is below £10,000 it would be a small claim and you would not need a Solicitor.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how sure am i that the court will give me a certificate of cancellation ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not concerned about the claim im concerned about the CCJ and the influence this has on my business especially in a time of economic uncertainty
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Because you have an Order that says the CCJ is set aside, so the Court will give you a certificate of cancellation which you can send to the credit reference agencies, that will remove the CCJ.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Good luck. Alex