Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Good morning, I've filed a petition divorce and my ex

Customer Question

Good morning,
I've filed a petition for a divorce and my ex signed it and returned it, the court has asked for further information regarding her name change (she changed it by deed poll to a name which was different to the one on our marriage certificate) it's been ongoing now for nearly two months where she agrees to send a copy of her deed poll in then refuses and changes the "goal post" getting me to jump through hoops trying to get her to send it. She's now refused to send the paperwork in and has left me in a bind as I was due to re-marry later this year, I have resigned myself to the fact that this isn't going to happen now yet I still wish to push the divorce through. We've been speedster for over 5 years, is there anything that can be done? I'm a veteran of the forces and suffered with PTSD, this situation has caused me to stumble and am now back under treatment due to the distress this is causing and I really want it over and done with. I've tried getting help from other services but no one seems to be able to help, can you?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In the circumstances I would suggest that you write to the court explaining the circumstances of why, when and how she changed her name and outline that she has refused to comply with the court's request to supply this information which is causing delay to the proceedings - you can request that a judge considers this issue and makes directions based on what you have outlined and decide how to proceed.Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.