12826847

My son has a parking fine from parkingeye ltd. he has not paid

My son has a parking fine from parkingeye ltd. he has not paid and now he has a letter from County Court Business Centre. Will he be wise to pay this? He has listened to others thst say to ignor it, because it can't be inforced legally! This looks legal to meCould you please advise?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When was the offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12/01/16
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is he prepared to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's one of his contract worker's that had parked there, but the van is registered to my son. So it is now my son's problem.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I understand.Is he willing to risk being sued?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The only way to ensure that it will not lead to legal action is to pay in full. The chances they will sue are pretty low but they could. Nobody can guarantee he is safe unless he pays.If he was not the driver then he could have disclosed the name of the driver within 28 days of the notice to avoid liability but I would imagine he is out of time now.If he is prepared to risk being sued then the chances he would escape are high but it is a risk.In fairness, the costs order would not be onerousCan I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thank you.