75100385

I have just bought a flat and have found out 2 weeks after

Customer Question

I have just bought a flat and have found out 2 weeks after moving in that there has been a consultation(final decision due later this year) to build part of the proposed new Thames river crossing within 0.4 miles of my property.
This was not picked up in the searches that my solicitor undertook for me. I tackled them on this issue and they have dismissed it saying that the searches only cover the property itself. I don't believe this is correct as a colleague has bought a flat on the Essex side of the proposed crossing and she was advised by her solicitor of the proposal and her property is substantially further away from the proposed site than mine.
By not advising me of this it has taken away my choice as an asthmatic of whether or not I live near something that will have a devastating effect on my life.
Can you advise whether I have any redress in this matter?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. For now please let me know whether you have complained to the managing partner of the firm? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, I am free to talk now.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex my number is ***** 944751 if you could give me a call that would be much appreciated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - give me 15 mins as I am just on a train.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem maybe leave it until 4.45 as I will have left the office by then. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex