13262538

And thank you, ***** ***** applied summons and

Customer Question

Hello and thank you, ***** ***** applied for judgement summons and have a hearing date scheduled. How do I ask for substituted service to my ex's lawyers in London rather than him in Atlanta, Georgia? :) is there a form? Can I ask at this hearing or do I need one more hearing?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstWhen will your ex return to the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know till last minute and he doesn't tell me which hotel he'd stay at. He is in the UK every few weeks but is impossible to track, unless he agrees to accept service and meet which he won't. He thought I'd be filing judgement summons before Easter, while he was in London, and cancelled his planned time with the children and flew back to the US after just two days here, to avoid possible service. He may try to avoid coming to the UK altogether once he knows I'd filed. Which I did today.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why does he come to the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was limited to a) is there a specific form for Substituted Service in conjunction with High Court Family division Judgement Summons application, and what is its number, and b) must I apply for a separate hearing or can I apply at the same time as judgement summons. I hope I may receive a simple answer. Many thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The reason that I asked is that the Court is going to be very reluctant to grant Substituted Service for a Judgement Summons.However the form that you can use to request it is a D11 and it will be decided at the first hearing of the application.I hope that this is of assistanceClare