12826847

I was in a relationship 20 years, during this

Customer Question

Hello, I was in a relationship for over 20 years, during this time my partner and I were foster parents to 9 different children. We received funding for the children and a "retainer" which I never saw any of. I was given £50 out of my benefits, the rest was swallowed-up into the family finances. I was "thrown" out of my partner's house 2 years ago after returning from a stay in hospital, the reason being that my partner wanted her life back! She recently passed away following a death due to cancer. The house, possessions and cash has been left to 2 ex-foster children and two step-children.
Do I have any access to this money etc. We were foster parents for 2 years during which we were unpaid and left without support.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow was the property purchased?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property was purchased by my ex- partner with a mortgage and money left to her on the death of her mother.
Regards,
Douglas
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you contribute towards any alterations or improvements that enhanced the value of the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot give answer to that question as we had a joint account that paid for most things in the house. I know that I paid for a new t.v. ariel and for repairs to the garage doors which were repaired after being damaged following the installation of block-paving driveway.
I paid for garage equipment which I never used as I am disabled.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did she ever promise that the house was or would be yours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She never promised that the property would be left to me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What income did you have whilst you were together?