75100385

I am in dispute with neighbour on the issue of Hedges, he

I am in dispute with neighbour on the issue of Hedges, he has 15 m high lelandii trees and Cyprus trees on my boundary and is refusing to trim them down town acceptable height, the trees are seven in number and are hard up against my fence, they block off my view on the surrounding area, as well as preventing light and rain onto my flower beds, do I have a reasonable case to present to the council to force him to cut them down, I have written a letter to him requesting they be cut, but have been ignored.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you spoken to the Council at all yet please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not, the council require £500 up front before they will look at it, I have a second letter which I have not posted to my neighbour where I suggest we sit down and talk, or use a mediator, but he is an aggressive person, and I am afraid to send the letter as I expect he will react very badly even threaten violence
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hmmmm, that seems strange. I would go back and write to the Chief Officer of the Council. They should not be asking for £500 just to come and look at this. However if it is too tall the Council can do something and order the height is reduced. If he refuses then they can take him to Court.But you can do this personally and seek a Court order that he reduces it. But I understand your concerns. ANY threat should be reported to the Police - you should not have to tolerate that.You can suggest mediation as 90% of mediations do settle.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** send the second letter? I am trying to resolve the issue with him but also demonstrate to the court that I am trying every effort to resolve this issue, I am of the view that the relationship with my neighbour is broken and that no matter what I do he will always refuse to trim the trees
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes indeed. I would write and suggest mediation. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will do, in terms of the 2003 nuisance act, w/r to high Hedges, do I have a case?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
2 meters at most without planning permission.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does thank you!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex