12826847

UK consumer law**** I purchased an apple Macbook Air and

****UK consumer law****
I purchased an apple Macbook Air and it comes with a 1-year limited warranty. I have been experiencing some problems with the spacebar and it doesn't work as it should. I done some research online to see if I can fix the problem at home, and realised many people have/are experiencing similar problems with the spacebar of this particular model of Macbook. The Macbook otherwise works in perfect order.
I intend to take the Macbook to the apple store to see if they are willing to fix the problem, or replace the product. Incase the staff at the apple store refuse to help, I would like to know my rights (if any) under consumer law in this particular situation. Any advice or information will be appreciated.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you can force them to repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response.
Yes. In a nutshell, I am asking if I have the right to have the product fixed or replaced under the apple warranty.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When did you buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
September 2015 (or thereabouts)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why you are concerned that they would not help? The warranty is still in date and anyway you have the normal statutory rights under the consumer regulation legislation.Clearly this is a fault and they have a duty to resolve it. They may offer a repair rather than a complete replacement. They are entitled to do that although it needs to be done within a reasonable time. My experience of apple is that they try to repair it immediately.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
It was the "normal statutory rights under consumer regulation legislation" that I'm interested in and would like to know what that involves and how it would be relevant in this case. It's true that Apple generally offer good customer service and their warranty covers a fair bit but I have experienced the staff sometimes find it difficult to differentiate between genuine and ungenuine cases.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, as I said really.They may offer a repair rather than a complete replacement. They are entitled to do that although it needs to be done within a reasonable time.Statutory rights now arise from the Consumer Regulations Act rather than the Sale of Goods Act.